-Bake the potatoes well washed in a saucepan of slightly salted water, once cooked, remove the skin and pass them to the vegetable mill.
-Place the ground potato in a container, add the crème fraîche, flour, chopped parsley, egg yolks, salt, pepper, nutmeg, mix all the ingredients well.
-Conduct nut-sized balls with this preparation.
-Hair the oil in a frying pan.
-When the oil is hot enough, immerse the potato balls, remove them as soon as they are golden and place them on a paper towel.
– Serve them warm.
– 2 potatoes
– 1 carrot
– 1 courgette
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 1 can of tuna in drained oil
– 1 egg
– Salt, pepper, cumin
– Wash the potatoes well and put them with their skin in a casserole of lightly salted water, cook them half cook and let rest for 1 night.
– Peel the carrot and grate it as well as the zucchini with a large hole grater, squeeze them to extract the maximum amount of water.
– Peel the potatoes and grate them with a large hole grater.
– In a bowl mix the potatoes, the courgette and grated carrot, the chopped onion, the egg, season with salt, pepper and cumin, mix well.
– To form with this mixture balls the size of a large egg by flattening them lightly with the hands,
– Grease the parchment paper on a baking sheet and place the potato croquettes on top.
– Cook in a preheated oven at 220 ° C until the croquettes are well cooked.
– Serve immediately.
– 500g of potatoes
– 100g smoked beef, cut into pieces
– 100g of grated mozzarella
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 green pepper
– 1/4 yellow pepper
– 1/4 red pepper
– 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
– 2 tablespoons fresh cream
– Oil and butter for frying
– Salt pepper
– Wash the potatoes well and put them with their skin in a casserole of slightly salted water, cook them until the point of a knife easily enters the flesh, peel them and pass- The to the vegetable mill.
– Cut all the peppers into small pieces.
– In a bowl mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, chopped parsley, crème fraîche, grated mozzarella, smoked beef pieces, small pieces of peppers, season with salt and pepper, mix well.
– To form with this mixture balls the size of a large egg by flattening them lightly with the hands, pass them in the flour on two sides.
– Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, fry the burgers by turning them until they are golden, drain them on paper towels.
– Serve hot.
Dough – 150g of flour – 200g of wheat – 1 teaspoon baker’s yeast – 1 teaspoon caster sugar – Salt
The joke – 1 chopped onion – 1 potato – 250g of chorizo – 1 tablespoon of oil – 2 tablespoons chopped parsley – 200g of grated mozzarella – Salt pepper
– Put the flour and soft wheat sifted in a bowl and dig a well in the center, add the baker’s yeast, salt, sugar, mix well, gather the mixture with warm water, knead the whole until Obtain a soft and smooth paste, form a ball, cover it with a cloth and let rest for 30 minutes. – Divide the dough into two dough pieces. – Peel the potato and cut into small pieces. – Cut the chorizo into small cubes. – Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the chopped onion until it is translucent, add the pieces of potato and cook for 5 minutes, add the cubes of chorizo and cook a few Minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, salt and pepper, remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley, let cool. – Divide the stuffing into two. – Divide the grated mozzarella cheese in half. – Spread each piece of dough in a rectangle on a work surface floured with a rolling pin and spread half of the grated cheese in the middle of the rectangle, add half of the stuffing to the top, fold the sides of the dough into the Cross the opposite side to form a flange, Place the flange side glued on the underside on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brush it with egg yolk, sprinkle with nigelle seeds, repeat the same operation with l Other dough and stuffing. – Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C until golden brown. – Serve immediately.
– 8 potatoes – 3 fillets of whiting – 1/2 liter of milk – 2 cloves of ground garlic – 2 tablespoons lemon juice – 100g of grated red cheese – Chopped parsley – Salt, pepper, hot pepper
Béchamel sauce – 1/4 liter of milk – 2 tablespoons butter – 2 tablespoons flour – Salt and pepper
– Peel the potatoes, cut them into rings, cook them in a saucepan of salted water for 20 minutes, drain them. – Prepare the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over low heat, sprinkle the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon, pour the milk gradually, continuing to stir constantly until a sauce is obtained Thick, salt and pepper. – Arrange the potato slices in regular layers in a gratin dish and pour over the milk, season with salt, pepper and hot pepper and cover the surface with the béchamel sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese and sprinkle with chopped parsley. – Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C until milk is completely absorbed. – Cut the fillets of whiting into cubes, season with salt, pepper, ground garlic and lemon juice.Marinate for 30 minutes. – Then take the cubes of whiting one by one, roll them in the flour and dip them in the hot fry until golden, drain them on paper towels. – Divide the cubes of fried whiting on the gratin, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
– 6 potatoes – 800g of chopped mushrooms – 1 leek thinly sliced – 1/2 red pepper, diced – 150g grated Gruyère cheese – 1 tablespoon of butter – 30cl of crème fraîche – 1 egg – Salt pepper
– Peel the potatoes into thin slices of chips size using a mandolin. – Cook the potato slices in boiling salted water for 1 minutes, drain them. – Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the thinly sliced leek until it is translucent, add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden, salt and pepper. – In a bowl mix the cream, egg, half grated Gruyère, salt pepper. – Butter a mold and place a layer of potato slices, overlapping them slightly, add a layer of mushroom mixture, then cover with a layer of egg mixture.Repeat the same operation and finish with a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with the remaining mixture of egg and sprinkle with remaining grated Gruyère cheese. – Bake at 200 ° C for 40 minutes until the potato cake is golden and crisp. – Serve immediately.
-Bake the potatoes well washed in a saucepan of slightly salted water, once cooked, remove the skin and pass them to the vegetable mill. -Place the ground potato in a container, add the fresh cream, flour, chopped parsley, egg yolks, salt, pepper, nutmeg, mix well all ingredients. -Coach balls of the size of nuts with this preparation. -Hair the oil in a frying pan. -When the oil is hot enough, immerse the potato balls, remove them as soon as they are golden and place them on a paper towel. – Serve them warm.
– 500g chicken breast – 4 potatoes – 1 egg – 150g of breadcrumbs – Garlic powder – Oil for frying – Salt, pepper, curry
– Wash the potatoes well and put them with their skin in a casserole of salted water, add the chicken, season with pepper, curry and garlic powder, cook for 30 minutes, drain in a colander. – Cut the chicken breast into small pieces. – Peel the potatoes and crush them with a fork. – In a salad bowl break the egg and beat with a fork, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, mix well, add chicken pieces and crushed potatoes, gather mixture with bread crumbs. – Shape balls of the size of walnuts with this mixture. – Fry the croquettes in a bath of hot oil until golden, drain on paper towels. – Serve immediately.
– 1 potato – 1 carrot – 1 green pepper – 1 small chopped onion – 1 can of tuna – 3 tablespoons grated red cheese – 1 tablespoon chopped parsley – 1 egg – Breadcrumbs – Oil – Salt, pepper, hot pepper
– Peel the potato and grate it with a large hole grater, drain it. – Peel the carrot and grate it with a small hole grater, drain it. – Wash and pepper the pepper and cut into very small pieces. – In a bowl mix grated potato and grated carrot, chopped onion, pepper pieces, chopped parsley, grated cheese, egg, tuna, season with salt, pepper and hot pepper. – Make balls with this mixture and flatten them in the shape of the croquettes, pass them in the breadcrumbs on both sides and place them in a dish in oiled oven, pour all the croquettes with the oil . – Cook in a medium oven, turning until cooked through. – Serve immediately.
1 green chili (hari mirch) minced; adjust to taste
1 teaspoon ginger (adrak),finely chopped
Oil to fry
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seed. When the cumin seed starts to crack, add green peas, green chili, and ginger, and stir for a few seconds.
Add the potatoes and all the spices (chili powder, mango powder, salt, cilantro) and stir-fry for a minute. Turn off the heat.
Taste the mixture; it should be a little spicier than you like, as it will taste milder inside the bread. Set aside
Trim the edges of the bread slices and cut them into two pieces. Set aside.
Roll 1½ tablespoons of the mixture at a time into an oval shape. Make twelve rolls. (The size of the potato rolls will depend on the size of the bread).
Fill a small bowl with water to wet the bread. Dip one side of a slice of the bread lightly in the water. Place the slice between your palms and press, squeezing out the excess water. This makes the bread
Place the filling in the center of this bread and mold the bread to completely cover it all around, giving an oval shape. Repeat to make all the rolls. Before frying, let them sit for about five minutes. (This
will evaporate some of the water from the bread so that it absorbs less oil while frying; also making the bread rolls crisper).
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Drop the rolls slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
Fry the bread rolls until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about two to three minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.
Serve them hot with hari cilantro chutney and tamarind sweet and sour chutney.
(Note: Vary the amount of chilli as per your spice level)
Method: (With Step-by-Step pics)
In a pressure cooker take mutton pieces and chopped tomato. Add all ingredients to marinate and mix well.
Pressure cook the same. ( I go for 3 whistles, wait for the steam to drop down completely and open the cooker)
Heat the pan in the lowest flame and dry roast the spice powders for a min and keep it aside (make sure the flame is lowest, else spice may get burned. Doing this step gives a good color to your curry)
Now add oil in a pan and add sliced onion
Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns brown in color
Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli, curry leaves and saute for a min or two
Add the dry roasted spice powder and sauté for 2-3 mins
Add cooked mutton and mix well
Add boiled potato and mix
Cover and cook in medium flame for 6-8 mins. Pour 3 tsp of oil on the top of curry prepared. Serve hot!!!!!
– 1 puff pastry – 800g of potatoes – 500g chicken breasts – 1 can of mushrooms – 3 tablespoons chopped parsley – 3 triangles of cheese cow laughing – 2 tablespoons of oil – 100g of grated red cheese – Salt pepper
Béchamel sauce – 1/4 liter of milk – 2 tablespoons butter – 2 tablespoons flour – Salt and pepper
– Prepare the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over low heat, sprinkle the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon, pour the milk gradually, continuing to stir constantly until a sauce is obtained Thick, salt and pepper. – Cook the potatoes with their skin in a saucepan filled with salted boiling water until they are tender, peel them and crush them with a fork. – Sauté the mushrooms in a frying pan with the oil, salt and pepper. – Cook the chicken breasts in the salted water until tender, chop them finely. – In a salad bowl mix the crushed potatoes, laughing cow cheeses, chopped parsley, chopped chicken, salt and pepper. – Spread the dough on a floured worktop and cut this disk into a disc with a round dough, place it on a plate covered with a sheet of parchment paper. – Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown, cut the dough disc in half. – Divide the potato mixture into two equal parts. – Spread each half of the potato mixture over the half disks of dough, superimpose the 2 halves disk stuffed and coat with béchamel sauce and sprinkle over the grated cheese, garnish with the mushrooms sautéed. – Serve immediately.
– 750g of potatoes – 1 small onion – 2 eggs – 100g chicken breast – 1 small bowl of durum wheat – 4 egg whites – Oil for frying – Salt pepper
– Peel and finely chop the onion and fry in a frying pan with a little oil until golden. – Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes, soak them in a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for 8 minutes, drain. – Put the eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, let them cool, swallow the eggs and cut them into small pieces. – Mix the pieces of the hard-boiled eggs, the golden onion, the chicken cubes, salt and pepper, mix well. – Wash the potatoes well and put them in a large saucepan of slightly salted water, cook for 20 minutes, once cooked, remove the skin and pass them to the vegetable mill, salt and pepper and well Mix the puree, form this mixture of small egg-sized balls, put a hole in each ball and fill them with the stuffing and close them by modeling with the hand of the croquettes, roll them in the durum wheat then Soak them in the beaten egg whites. – Fry in a bath of hot oil, remove when the croquettes are well browned. – Wipe them with absorbent paper. – Serve hot.
– 500g of potatoes – 1 egg yolk – 1 teaspoon of cumin – 1/2 teaspoon pepper – 1/4 teaspoon of hot pepper – A little saffron – 2 tablespoons chopped parsley – Flour – Oil for frying – Salt
– Cook the potatoes with their skin in salt water, when the potatoes are cooked, peel them and crush them with a fork (do not crush it a lot). – Put the crushed potatoes in a salad bowl, make a well in the center, add egg yolk, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, hot pepper, saffron, cumin, mix vigorously until To obtain a homogeneous mixture, to adjust the seasoning. – Form balls with this mixture, flatten them slightly with the hands in the shape of a cake, pass them gradually in the sifted flour. – Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the patties on both sides, drain on absorbent paper. – Serve immediately.
– Wash the potatoes well and put them in a saucepan of slightly salted water, cook until the point of a knife is easy to get into the flesh, peel it and pass it through Vegetable mill. – Put the chopped meat, mashed potatoes, chopped parsley, chopped onion, egg, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well. – Shape with this mixture of crocodiles in the form of pudding of 6cm long and 2.5cm of width. – Fry in a bath of hot oil, remove when the croquettes are well browned. – Wipe them with absorbent paper. – Serve warm.
Reduce heat to medium high, add 1 Tbsp coconut oil to cast iron skillet and saute onions until translucent. Transfer to the plate with the sausage.
Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil over medium high heat, add chopped sweet potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 10 minutes). Sprinkle some rosemary over sweet potatoes. Cover skillet with a lid while cooking.
Add sausage and onions to the cast iron skillet and stir everything.
Crack four eggs over sweet potato hash. Place cast iron skillet in a preheated 425 degrees oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until eggs are set.
Breakfast is ready!
Serving size: 299 g Calories: 633 Fat: 39.3 g Saturated fat: 16.3 g Unsaturated fat: 23 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 44.8 g Sugar: 1.9 g Sodium: 1155 mg Fiber: 6.9 g Protein: 24.7 g Cholesterol: 95 mg
Combine all of the ingredients for the falafel, except the frying oil, in a food processor (a blender will work also if that’s all you have) and pulse until combined into a nearly smooth mixture. It should be a thick dough.
In a large skillet, heat about 1-inch of oil over medium-low heat. You can use a deep-fryer for cooking them instead if you have one. Using a large scoop, form balls and drop them carefully into the pan.
Flatten them slightly with a spatula and cook them on each side for about 3 minutes until crispy.
If desired, warm the pitas in a foil packet in the oven or one by one on a lightly greased skillet.
Fill each pita with the falafel, your desired vegetables, and your favorite barbecue sauce, if desired.
Place potatoes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pierce several holes into each potato using a skewer. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven until soft, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix coconut yoghurt and chopped coriander together in a bowl until combined. Season with salt, to taste, cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge.
For the Tequila and Lime Chicken, place chicken pieces into a large zip lock bag. Add remaining ingredients and seal bag, pushing out air first. Place onto a tray and into the fridge for 45 minutes. Note: If time permits, leave chicken bag in the fridge to marinate overnight to maximise flavour.
Meanwhile, for the Chilli, Ginger and Garlic sauce, place all ingredients into a bowl and blitz to a puree with a stick blender. Set aside to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Once chicken has marinated, remove chicken pieces from the bag, reserving marinating liquid in the bag. Pour about half of the marinade over the chicken pieces. Place chicken pieces onto a shallow baking tray and place into the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven and pour the remaining marinade over the chicken pieces. Continue to bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Check that chicken is cooked through and remove from oven. Remove chicken pieces from the baking tray and set aside, keeping warm. Add some boiling water to the baking dish to loosen the pan juices and stir to create a slightly thick sauce. Set aside until required.
To serve, place some torn cos lettuce leaves and a dollop of mashed avocado on the plate. Place two Tequila and Lime Chicken pieces onto a plate and sprinkle with chilli flakes. Place a Baked Potato onto the plate, slice potato open and fill with some of the coriander coconut yoghurt dressing. Dollop some of the Chilli Ginger and Garlic sauce to the side. Drizzle some of the reserved pan juices over the chicken and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with a wedge of lime.
For the Korean Potato Pancake with Onion soy Sauce:
Prep Time: About 20 minutes.
Cook Time: About 15 minutes.
Serves: About one extremely hungry person.
For the Onion Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 small Onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Spring Onion, thinly sliced
1 Jalapeno Chilli, thinly sliced
For the Korean Potato Pancake
1 large Potato (about 9oz/255g)
1/4 small Onion (about 2oz/60g)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
40g (1/4 cup) Cornflour
Vegetable Oil, as needed to fry
To make the onion soy sauce: The easiest one-bowl recipe! Place all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir together. Set aside whilst you make the pancake.
To make the Korean potato pancake: Peel and grate! Peel and grate both the potato and onion. I like to use a food processor fitted with a grater attachment but you can also use a normal grater.
Mix it up! Place the grated potato, grated onion, salt and cornflour. Mix everything until really well combined.
Cook! Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. My pan is on the bigger side – around 8 inches / 20cm wide. A bigger pan makes a crispier pancake. Once the pan is hot, add in at least 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Once the oil is hot, add in all the pancake mixture and press out evenly with a spatula. Cook the pancake for 3 minutes, flip, 3 minutes, flip, 3 minutes, flip, 3 minutes. I cooked mine for a total of 12 minutes until it was crispy and golden. I drizzled in extra vegetable oil, if needed.
Serve! Slice with a pizza cutter and eat straight away with the onion soy sauce. Enjoy!
Step 1: Wash and peel the potato skin. Cut the potato into cubes and sprinkle some salt over it. Toss to mix properly and deep fry in pre-heated oil till brown – set this aside while you remove the oil from the pan.
Step 2: Cut up the gizzard into smaller pieces. Season the gizzard with pepper, garlic, chopped onion, thyme, salt and a little dry pepper. Allow to marinade for 20 minutes. Steam in a small pot till cooked for about 5 minutes, you want the gizzard to remain crunchy and not soft. Take out the cooked gizzard and keep the stock.
Step 3: Chop the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and set this aside.
Step 4: If you intend making stewed gizpotato, rinse the tomato and scotch bonnet pepper. Blend till smooth in a blender. Pour the blend into an empty pot and cook till all the liquid evaporates. Add a little vegetable oil into the dry puree and stir fry till the oil separates from the puree. Get the gizzard stock and pour into the fried tomapep puree. Now we have our stew. Add the gizzard, chopped bell peppers, chopped onion and fried potato. Mix and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes
If you intend making stir fried gizpotato. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in the frying pan and fry the cooked gizzard till brown. Add the chopped peppers, chopped tomatoes and onion. Season and add salt to taste then stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the fried potato and toss the food to mix the vegetables and potato well. Leave for about 2 minutes and its ready.