– 1 kg of lamb meat (leg of lamb or shoulder), veal (shoulder) or beef (low ribs)
– 1 onion
– 1 small bunch of parsley and coriander
– 2 cinnamon sticks
– 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
– 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
– 1/2 of pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 300g of prunes
– 100g of almonds
– 3 or 4 eggs
– 1 tablespoon caster sugar (preferably roux)
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1) Cut the meat into pieces of the same size and place in a heavy bottomed casserole dish.
2) Add the oil and brown the meat on all sides on medium-high heat (10 minutes).
3) Peel, wash and cut the onion into pieces, add it to the meat, mix to deglaze the juices.
4) Wash and chop the bouquet of herbs, add it in the casserole.
5) Add salt, turmeric, ginger, pepper, and 2 cinnamon sticks, mix well.
Lower the fire. Heat the spices 3/4 minutes, and add about 400 ml of water (preferably boiling). Do not pour water on the meat, but on the side of the casserole.
Put the lid on and switch back on medium heat. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the meat used (check cooking using the tip of a knife).
6) Add water in small quantities if you find that the sauce has reduced too much.
7) In a saucepan, put the prunes, butter (about 50g), sugar, cinnamon powder and a small glass of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let the prunes swell gently.
8) Put the almonds in a bowl and pour on boiling water, wait 10 minutes before removing the skin. Fry them in a little oil. Drain on paper towels. Book
9) Cook the eggs in water for 10 minutes, chill them under cold water before swallowing and cut into quarters. Book.
10) As soon as your meat is well cooked, you can start training:
– first dispose of the meat
– sauce coat (you can filter it if you do not like the onion pieces)
– add the prunes
– add the almonds
Serve warm, with bread to the semolina (recipe to come).
Engagement Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Cut the lemons in quarters, place 2 quarters in the chicken along with the garlic and reserve the rest of the lemons. Brush the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the chicken in a small (11 by 14-inch) roasting pan. (If the pan is too large, the onions will burn.) Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onions in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Pour the mixture around the chicken in the pan.
Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and a thigh. Remove the chicken to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, leaving the lemons and onions in the pan.
Place the pan on top of the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Add the stock and sprinkle on the flour, stirring constantly for a minute, until the sauce thickens. Add any juices that collect under the chicken. Carve the chicken onto a platter and serve with the lemons, onions, and warm sauce.
Smoky Black Bean Burgers
Prep 10 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 55 m
- Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl. Let sit to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax mixture, black beans, panko bread crumbs, garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke together in a bowl until combined. Form batter into 4 patties; arrange on a plate. Chill in refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray; place patties in skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Source : allrecipes.com